When I was asked to be a part of this tour I jumped at the chance. When I was asked which character I wanted to introduce, I got my dream guy y'all. I'm so so so soooooo in love with this character and I really hope you will be, too. He's one of four swoon worthy guys in this book! So, if you don't love him I won't be too offended (besides, this means more for me).
|Meet Riley! Isn't he dreamy?!?!|
Not much to tell. I'm a dragon. I ride a motorcycle. I move around a lot. Me in a nutshell.
I heard you used to be with Talon. How long were you with them, and what did you do?
Oh, this is going to be one of those interviews, is it? Fine, I'll talk about my least favorite subject in the world. I was with Talon from my hatchling years up until I became a young adult, so a few decades. Maybe more than a few. Not telling you my real age, though. That would probably freak some of you out.
As for what I did for Talon, I was a Basilisk. That was the faction I was trained for, what Talon raised me to become.
What does that mean?
I was a spy, basically. A saboteur. Someone who could act against the Order of St. George--genocidal dragonslayers for those of you playing at home--disrupt their operations, steal information, maybe blow up a chapterhouse or two. Fun stuff like that.
Why did you leave?
Because war never only affects soldiers; it always leaves collateral damage. And I got tired of causing it.
What have you been doing since?
Well, I can't tell you all my secrets, can I? Suffice to say, I've been keeping myself very busy. We'll just leave it at that.
Intrigued yet? You should be!
Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.
Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.
Release: October 28th 2014 by Harlequin Teen
- Julie Kagawa was born in Sacramento, California. But nothing exciting really happened to her there. So, at the age of nine she and her family moved to Hawaii, which she soon discovered was inhabited by large carnivorous insects, colonies of house geckos and frequent hurricanes. She spent much of her time in the ocean, when she wasn’t getting chased out of it by reef sharks, jellyfish and the odd eel.
- To pay the rent, Julie worked in different bookstores over the years, but discovered the managers frowned upon her reading the books she was supposed to be shelving. So she turned to her other passion: training animals. She worked as a professional dog trainer for several years, dodging Chihuahua bites and overly enthusiastic Labradors, until her first book sold and she stopped training to write full-time.
- Julie now lives in Louisville, Kentucky, where the frequency of shark attacks are at an all-time low. She lives with her husband, two obnoxious cats, one Australian shepherd who is too smart for his own good and the latest addition, a hyperactive Papillon puppy.
Thursday, October 2nd - Harlequin Paranormal Blog
Monday, October 6th - Jessica at Step into Fiction
Wednesday, October 8th - Katie's Book Blog
Friday, October 10th - Page Turners
Monday, October 13th - Bewitched Bookworms
Wednesday, October 15th - Mundie Moms
Friday, October 17th - Fiktshun
Monday, October 20th - Two Chicks on Books
Wednesday, October 22nd - YA Interrobang
Friday, October 24th - Supernatural Snark
Thanks to HarlequinTEEN and Julie Kagawa we have two (2) amazing Giveaways for you!
1. Each tour stop is offering up a finished copy of TALON!
2. Five lucky grand prize winners will receive one of Julie’s amazing dragon figurines as well as some fun signed swag. To enter for the grand prize, you MUST follow the tour each day, find and catch the dragon, and answer the daily question.
"Catch the Dragon" Contest Rules:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, a dragon will appear on a different blog and stay there for 48hrs. Once you have found the dragon, click on it and you will be directed to a Rafflecopter entry form for the Grand Prize Giveaway! To enter, you must answer the daily question found at the tour stop!!!
Where could the dragon appear? On all Book Blogger Tour Hosts and The Harlequin Paranormal Blog, so go now and catch yourself a dragon! Will you find it? And will you be able to keep it?
If Julie were to add you as a dragon character in the world of Talon, what color dragon would you want to be?
Please enter via the Rafflecopter form. Giveaway is open to US/Canada.
a Rafflecopter giveaway